Camel Ride

12/9/2009

When I heard there was a study abroad trip to Egypt I was so excited. I had to sign up right away. Then, when I heard we were going to be able to ride camels in the desert I was even more excited! I have always wanted to ride a camel and today I got the chance to. Our day started out with a boat ride down the Nile River. When we arrived at our destination the camels were lined up along the shore waiting. We all picked one out and jumped on. Then, the man who owned the camel said to lean back and the camel stood up. WOW! It was a lot higher then I thought it would be. It felt like I had to hold on for dear life. I really only had to relax and move with the camel. The camels made funny noises, sometimes kind of scary. The ride lasted about half an hour, which took us to the Nubian Village. It was a beautiful day the weather was amazing, warm without a cloud in the sky. I am having such a great time here in Egypt. We are learning so much and each day gets better. It is a lot different then I imagined. Everyone is extremely friendly and we always feel welcome at every site. It will be very sad when the trip is over, but I will always have the memories.


Posted at 9:15 PM by Tayler Oldin